Sangre de Cristo Hospice was founded in the mid-1970s and has been serving Southern Colorado for all those years. Today we have grown to be one of the largest employers in Pueblo and are serving over 20,000 square miles throughout Southern Colorado. We have become the premier hospice of choice for those with life-limiting illness. Most care is covered through Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance, but we provide care for anyone who needs it, regardless of ability to pay.
- The only hospice in Southern Colorado with CHAP accreditation
- Highest level achieved in the We Honor Veterans program
- Expansive Bereavement program that includes complementary therapies
- Caregiver Connection Program to assist the caregivers
- 10 Bed Inpatient Facility
- Multiple locations throughout Southern Colorado to provide timely access to care
- Palliative program for those with chronic illness or pain but not hospice ready
Our approach to care is based on an interdisciplinary team of professionals that include nurses, CNAs, chaplains, family service representatives, and volunteers. Great focus is made on delivering the best possible outcomes for hospice patients and their caregivers. Respect for the uniqueness of each individual and their right to make decisions will always be one of our priorities.
We understand the difficulty of the conversation and will help guide you to a peaceful quality of life for you and your loved one.